The operator required an API 11-D1 rated mechanical barrier to isolate the lower zone during intervention operations of the upper zone.
- Expro's MAXIMUS Bridge Plug (2.281” OD) was conveyed via wireline, utilizing a Multi-Stage Setting Tool, to a depth of 26,343ft MD \ 18,620 TVD.
- The plug was then verified with pressure at 7,934 psi at 190°F
- The MAXIMUS bridge plug’s patented sealing and backup system allows these small plugs to be high pressure and temperature rated
- The engineered design prevents presetting during downhole conveyance
- Drillable construction allows for quick and efficient removal
- The API 11D1 validated pressure rating of 10,000 psi allowed the operator to perform pressure testing of temporary abandonment without the need for additional barrier systems
- Its slim OD design allows the MAXIMUS bridge plug to be run through small restrictions, while maintaining the ability to set securely and hold pressure in larger diameters and eliminating the need to pull tubing in most cases
- A robust design allows the MAXIMUS bridge plug to be installed with increased running speeds with no preset issues
- Highly engineered material enables reduced drill out times with standard drill out procedures